Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Visitors from home


Marian and Will [my sister and brother-in-law] have been making frequent trips to Sydney. It is always great to have the family come round, even if it’s for a short visit.

They have flown in for a 4 days holiday and the whole family met up for dinner to catch up. Indian [
Planet Bollywood @ Double Bay] was the cusine of the night and we ordered their famous "banquet meal".

Boy was it a real banquet. The food just kept coming and coming. It was great as you get to sample everything on the menu! But by the 5th entrée, I was absolutely stuffed to the brim!

Of the lot, the extra hot beef vindaloo was the best. I was quite impressed at Will's (who's a Brit by birth) chilli tolerance. And quite embarrassed at myself for being the only one that kept reaching out for the jug of water.

Marian is a great person to get shopping tips from. She is always out there discovering new designers and has a really good eye for fashion. Nelson Molloy was the latest discovery. I cannot wait to get my hands on one of those Obi belts!

No comments: