Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A nostalgic moment please.....

An old friend of mine sent me pictures of Gion Festival, an annual event that is currently celebrated in the city of Kyoto (which I will post separately).

If you remember, same time last year, I posted pictures of the festival in my
July 05 blog and did a short but (hopefully) detailed enough snippet about the festival. So if you want to read more about the purpose and origins of Gion Festival, you know where to look.

Cause I want to go down memory lane today. =)

This old friend and I (not forgetting another, we were 3) go way back. Way back to the days where long pigsy tails and neat pleads were our main and only focus in life. Back to the time where silly ideas like holding hands while swinging together on the swings in our neighborhood playground in demonstration of our friendship bond was our after school afternoon ambition. And acting out little skids that we wrote (mostly inspired by the movie Jaws.. haha.. it was huge back than alright!!), performing to an invisible audience only to end up belly up with laughter was how life was meant to be. haha.

I cannot help but smile when I think about our childhood memories. The hours spent with our ears glued to the earpiece of the phone, the countless sleepover nights and silly “before and after” makeover sessions we performed on each other. Hahaha… what sweet memories.

Years have gone by now and we are all grown up and adult like. So much so that 2 of my 0ldest friends are now mums and living out their lives in worlds that are apart from mine. But that unspoken bond once demonstrated by physic, now replaced by long distance silence broken only once a year when we made a pack to meet up in our motherland Singapore to fill in the gaps of stories and misadventures of life.

What sweet memories to live for and be surrounded by. I suddenly feel like a millionaire. No. Billionaire! Only that money can never buy the glow I am feeling right now. *BEAM*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how touching!!! I feel u... hahaha

Anonymous said...

isn't sweet memories enriching!!

Anonymous said...

isn't sweet memories enriching!!

Anonymous said...

isn't sweet memories enriching!!

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»