Saturday, August 02, 2008

Singapore

For about 3 months, the husband and I have been discussing about making a trip to Singapore to attend a wedding in September. We had gone back and forth for the whole 3 months and finally this week, we decided we are going to make the trip. I am so excited! It has been over 2 years since I had set foot on my motherland and I miss her terribly. Making the trip with us are also my folks and the in laws. And I could just tell, it will be an incredible reunion.

Above all the anticipation. I am most excited to introduce to my daughter the country of my birth. I cannot wait for her to breathe in the hot humid air. To smell all the different culinary delights from my multi-cultural land. And for her to meet the family and my friends. Even if she is too young to comprehend it all. It will still be such a special moment for me.

So the countdown begins. Just over a month now.

No comments: