Monday, August 18, 2008

Not far now

About 3 months ago, I enrolled myself into a post graduate accounting course. It was a decision spurred on by half wanting to enhance my overall marketability (in terms of job prospects) and the other half, to make full use of my maternity leave to accomplish something other than caring for my baby.

The whole experience of going back to uni has been great thus far. I enjoy the lectures, the interaction with the other students, and the forming of new friendships. Above all, I enjoy the little breaks I get from my daily routine of baby diaper and endless washings.

But there were also the long nights I had stayed up to catch up on the studying. The Saturdays at campus working on the group assignments. And the frustration of not having enough time to do just about anything else.

It is now fast approaching the end of the course and though I am still enjoying it. I am happy the end is near. It has been somewhat exhausting and I miss spending time with my husband. I have one more test to sit, the completion of the assignment, and than the final exam to go. And waiting for me at the end of the tunnel, is my trip to Singapore. Just 3 and a bit more weeks to go now.

No comments: