Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Back to Uni???

For the past few weeks, I had been toying with the idea of going back to uni. Well, not exactly going back to uni, but doing a post-graduate course. In fact, it has been an idea I had been toying with for almost a year now. I felt the need to upgrade myself. To see if my brain still has the capacity to learn, in an academic way.

So one fine day a couple of weeks back, I finally got myself down to campus to speak with a student consultant. We talked through what I wanted (which was to complement my engineering degree with something that would help me move into project or general management), the courses available, the facilities, and study time required. I was a little relief to learn that the consultant herself is also a mum (of 2!) and had done several courses with ease. The course will also allow me to gain credit points for their post-grad certificate, diploma and MBA programs, which is a bonus. The meeting ended with me feeling absolutely encouraged and looking forward to being labeled student again.

So yes, I have filed in my application for "Accounting for Management" and am now awaiting acceptance from the university. I am going to be a broke, however this time round, time poor student again. I simply can’t wait!!

*Glee*

No comments: