Friday, December 17, 2010

It's that time of the year...

I cannot believe it's almost the end of the year. This year past by way too quickly for me. I know I say this every year, how I always struggle to fit everything in. And how I am almost always chasing after lost time. But this year really did go by SO quickly. Too quickly.

Perhaps having 2 growing and demanding children speeds up the clock a little. And going back to work does make the weeks go by that much faster. But I also noticed that as I age. Time just seems to elude me at almost lightning speed.

Do you feel that way too? Or is it just me.

This time of the year, I like to reflect on the year gone by. The good and the bad. The lessons learnt. And remembering the ones I had forgotten. I like to reflect on the blessings. And remember to thank God for them. I tend to forget them too quickly.

I also try to do some baking. Just so my poor cookie cutters and rolling pin don't feel too neglected. (I know I know. Once a year is not nearly good enough. I am certain if they had legs, they would have ran away by now.) And last year I was too sleep deprived nursing a new born. So this year, I made up for it.

In one night. I had baked over 40 vanilla christmas cookies. A small army of gingerbread man. And used up all my black bananas on a yummy banana yogurt cake. I had turned baking manic.

So here I sit. Close to midnight. Wrapping up some christmas cookies for some friends. Feeling tired as hell. But quietly happy. For me, I couldn't think of a better way to slowly end the year with.

And here's my little helper.

No comments: