Sunday, January 16, 2011

Annabel's day at the Park

We have had ourselves a big Saturday celebrating Annabel's birthday. I had not planned for it to be big. Just picnic amongst ourselves. Plus the grandparents. And Luna Park. It was supposed to be relaxing and light. That somehow turned epic, partly due to the weather.

The forecast was for light showers but we thought we'd press on. The day turned out to be hot and humid instead. REALLY hot and humid
.
Thankfully the girls were not the slightest bit affected by the sticky air. As for me. It was the worse weather ever. I could stand a scorching sun. I don't really mind windy days or drenching downpours. I just don't do humid. In fact, that's one of the reason for marrying Melvin. To get out of warm humid Singapore!
Of course I'm just kidding..... tsk tsk

So all afternoon I was in discomfort central. I had to drink heaps of cool water. While frantically fanning myself down with any piece of brochure I could get my hands on to stay sane. It almost robbed me off the will to live! Yes. For me. It was THAT bad
.
And. Did I mention I had NON-WATERPROOF eye liner on. You think a gal like me, coming from the tropics, would handle herself more eloquently.

Putting the panda look aside. And feeling absolutely spent by the end of the day. Our day at the park was a hit with the girls. And that's what counts. We had multiple rides passes for Annie and myself (some rides needed an accompanying adult) and she had a ball.
Except for the Tumble Bug ride which freaked out the both of us. I thought I was going to lose a child there!

Here are the pictures of our somewhat wonderful weekend.

Picnic by the harbour

Blowing bubbles.

Enjoying her very own chair.


We were in the blue carriage.

The view midway from within the Ferries Wheel.



Eating her first fairy floss.


The moment before the terror began (Tumble Bug ride)

No comments: