Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Shopping Spree


Happy summer 05 fashion week! It has been a glamorous, glitzy and promising weekend & 2 days! I had taken a couple of half days leave to go shopping with my gf and for the past 3 days, we had comp through chic sleek Oxford St (twice!) & fashion savvy Double Bay in search of the trendiest finds. Shopping has always been therapeutic for me; it’s just something about running my fingers through all the different textures and mixing and matching all the pretty colours and fabrics that I find invigorating.

I love post Xmas & new year shopping. It is the best time to hit the stores because of all the massive sales. And for someone like me, a size 6, it spells paradise (you can almost guarantee you will find something with that size!). I bought business shirts reduced from over $100 to $20, necklaces (I spotted @
www.urbanoriginals.com.au) at 20% discounts, slip ons from over $200 to $40!!!!(I got that as my b’day gift from my shopping buddy.. heee), Alannah Hill pieces and trinkets at a glorious 50% off!
My best spurge was on a Melissa bareback halter-top that was priced down from an astounding $750 to $150!!! Yes, from AU$750 dollars! [Who in their right mind would spend $750 on a halter-top!!?] It is almost sacrilege to walk out of the shop not having that wrapped up in a beautiful studded bag with those pink paper wraps and silk ribbons. I obediently checked it in.

We ended our rage later that afternoon with a nice cool glass of ice tea, beaming with pride as we discussed our “savings”. At home was hubby roasting dinner, a juicy 1.5kg bird with golden potatoes and salads.

Ahhh….. that is life....

No comments: