Friday, February 18, 2005

Business Conference


I had spent the last 3 days attending our yearly sales and marketing business conference. It was at a resort called Raffertys, just 90mins drive north of Sydney located nicely by the serene Lake Macquarie.

Some 8 months ago, I left my world of engineering and entered the fire zone, unpredictable and somewhat infamous world of Sales & Marketing. I seem to be liking it so far. I had just presented my very first sales plan and had managed to hit my very first quarterly quota. So. In a hut shell. I think it's fair to say that I'm doing alright so far.

Besides work, we did the usual "team building" activities over the past 3 days. One of which was sailing.


Together with 2 of the more game on board. I took a swim [when we anchored] in the lake after 1hr of breezing in the wind. We found oysters off the rocks by the shore and dodged little harmless jelly fish [one cannot be too careful]. Than I spent the next 5 minutes thinking of the last sighting of sharks [apparently 2 years ago] while desperately trying to keep up swimming back to the boat.

The highlight of the activities was the trivia / treasure hunt. I always enjoy these sort of activities. It brings out the child in anyone.
Teams had to race around the 35 acres resort looking for answers to a never-ending list of questions and performing mini tasks to earn points.


My team came up last. I was a little disappointed. I secretly swore to get one of those shinny medal thingy’s next year. *grr*

No comments: