Friday, February 04, 2005

More time to live

I am really excited today. My company has just announced the sale of their 50 hectar St Mary's site (to which I work on). And will be relocating everyone to their Pymble site.

"yes.... good for you ... and soooooo?? " (yes. I could just hear it.)

Well. This insignificant piece of information that has somehow wondered its way into my blog for your reading pleasure is really really MASSIVE news for me. For my overseas readers, St Mary is located about 24km from the city and about 26km away from home. The travel to St Mary is plagued with really bad traffic of big trucks and trailers and has really narrow bendy lanes. A one way trip usually takes me 1 & 1/2 hrs to complete. Plain painful road torture I tell ya.

So. This new site that we are moving to is ... *drum roll*..... only 6 km away from home! And travel time is nicely tucked under a quarter of on hour!!!! Yay!

That's a massive time save of a good 2 hrs of my life a day!! Which equates to a massive"r" time save of 10hrs a week, and a MASSIVE"r"r" 520hrs a year!!!!!

Imagine the things I could do with my new found freedom! More books. New recipes. Maybe gym. More time in the sun. On. Time. Dinners!

Ok. I get to go home before The simpsons airs.... woohoo!!

I'm SOOooooOOOOooooOOO happy.
*wide smile*

No comments: