Monday, October 06, 2008

5th Wedding Anniversary

So. Yesterday was our 5th wedding anniversary. I cannot believe how fast the years have past! Every year, my husband would give me a traditional anniversary gift that suited the year. The 1st year was paper, to which he brought me out to a big seafood dinner (paper being the receipt I guess). 2nd was cotton. So he got us a luxurious 1000 count Sheridan hotel collection full bed sheet set. For the 3rd, he got me a leather bag. And the 4th was a huge bunch of lilies and champagne roses.

5th anniversary was meant to be wood, to which I was not overly thrilled about. So he decided he'd go modern instead. So we wounded up at Tiffany's to get me some silverware. *EEP* I was so excited because the last time we visited Tiffany's, I left almost hyperventilating after discovering how much we almost spent on a piece of jewellery (it was for my 30th). Needless to say, I left empty handed. I just wouldn't bring myself to to spend that much on a piece of jewellery. Even though it was studded with lots bling bling. Plus, we had just bought our apartment than. It was the sensible thing to do.

However, that was 4 years ago. This time round, I have no problem leaving my better sensible self at the door. *MUHAHAH* But aliais. I was reminded that I had to abide by the wedding anniversary gifts code and that for me this year was silver. So once again, bling bling was not meant to be.

Nevertheless. I was very happy with my little blue baged gift. And the one we both liked had a tiny tiny bling bling on it too. *jump for joy*

Thank you honey! And here is to many more great years to come.

Can you see the bling bling!!??

No comments: