Thursday, September 29, 2005

Culture shock

Mel & I, together with a group of friends, bought tickets to the opera La Boheme. The performances are in Italian but subtitles are provided.

Like most operas, the storyline is base on a love story. And since it was my first operatic experience, I was really looking forward to it.

Oooh man.

Call me an unromantic, uncultured ignorant. But by the second Act, every strand of hair on my body was standing on ends. There was WAY too much love in the air for me to bear.

I could literally feel Melvin cringing and rolling his eyes!

The acts after intermission was a lot more solemn. I found myself immersing more into the characters and the drama of the tragic ending.

Admittedly, it was a very pleasant evening. Besides some face cringing moments, I had a ball.

And, given a second opportunity to rub shoulders with the culturally inclined socialites. I would gladly give it another go.

At least I got to doll up and tread around in my little cocktail dresses!

[I could just feel all your shallow glares!!!!]

No comments: