Thursday, September 22, 2005

Under house arrest

Salem is a domestic short hair. A well accustom pet for the indoor living. So when we got him. We decided that was what he was going to be. An indoor cat.

After moving into our apartment. We installed a cat door so he could go into the balcony. And that was as far away from home as he gets. Besides the neighbour’s balcony next to us.

Last night. He discovered how to leap into the balcony of the neighbour above us. And from there. He discovered the stairwell. And the “WORLD”.

Only problem. He did not discover how to get back.

I was scared shitless for 10mins while he went on his disappearing act. After much calling and waving his favourite treat in the air. I spotted him from our balcony. Roaming around the creek looking absolutely lost.

I ran out of the apartment into the stairwell and called out to him. He ran towards me. Meowing away.

My heart melted. I felt like an irresponsible parent.

After feeding him his dinner and giving him many hugs and kisses. And his largest ration of treats ever.

The little brat went out into the balcony and attempts to “escape” again!

He is SO under house arrest.

No comments: