Friday, June 09, 2006

World Cup Fever


Australia has qualified to play in the prestigious 2006 FIFA World Cup. It’s THE king of all kings match in the soccer realms and the whole nation is sited.

Almost every second car has a little gold and green Socceroos flag waving proudly in the rear window. Good luck cheers shouting from all corners of the commercial world to the proud and esteemed team, already crowned as heroes for beating Uruguay in the qualifying match.

I myself (I have to admit) am not a real soccer enthusiast. Though I do enjoy participating in all the fuzz and jazz over 11 men running around madly chasing and manoeuvring a ball. But coming from Singapore, it’s hard to find a real course that would make crazing over a team worth while.

So when Australia made her way into this year’s world cup. I naturally was all hyped up for it. I now have a genuine course in supporting the sport by cheering on the national team of my adopted country. And judging by the performance of the Socceroos in the qualifying match, I trust that they will put up a good fight jammed packed with a truck load of world class football entertainment.

Bring it on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»