Saturday, August 06, 2005

My Perth Saturday - Two

I'm back in Perth! YAY! I met up with a friend that I have not seen for a long while over breakfast.

Just a quick insight: I enjoy catching up over breakfast for the following reasons:

1) It forces you to get out of bed early.
2) I would have never eaten more than a bowl of cereal or a slice of bread at home.
3) I get to eat a hearty meal and not worry about what to eat for lunch.
4) The morning air is lots fresher.
5) I love café style cooked poached eggs!
6) And you still have the rest of the day in front of you. Thus a nice fuzzy accomplished good feeling. Yah!

My [only other Singaporean friend] Sarah and I met at Cottesloe Beach for morning tea at John’s St Café.

It’s a lovely unassuming little café on a pleasant residential street with bright blue walls. I have a picture of it [the blue café] in my wedding album with me and my 2 bride’s maid spinning around with our skirts spread out wide. It was a lovely shot.

Anyway. Very popular stop for morning joggers and local residents. I love now suburban it feels to eat there.

I always enjoy our yearly catch-ups. It was nice to be able to practise my rapidly diminishing “Singlish”[Got to love the “lahs” and “lors”. Oh and of course the “leis”.] And also talk about old times.

After 2 hours of laughs, giggles, and gossips. I bid her farewell at noon and headed off to the beach.

Took some pictures of Indiana tea house [and myself…. very sad.]. And started reminiscing about my good old uni days when I used to frequent the beach during Sundays at sunset to write in my diary.

Sigh. It sure feels a lot different now.

I decided to drive to Fremantle for a quick visit. It has been years since I have been there.

I always enjoy the drive along Stirling hwy. The view of the ocean. The sun in my face. It feels so good.

Apparently Fremantle is THE birthplace to many young aspiring WA designers. So besides taking in the sights and the beautiful weather. My eyes were on the look out for good cheap buys.

Got myself a skirt priced down from $260 to $80! And a pair of bronzy gold ring earrings to go with. Yay!

I know what I will be wearing to the dinner party tonight. hehehe..

No comments: