Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Day Three

We woke up early but decided to laze around the house.

I was utterly sucked in by little Rey’s (my gf's gorgious little 2 year old, half Singaporean, half Japanese cutie) daytime TV programs.
Hi-5.
“Close your eyes and count to 10. Ready or not! I’m going to find you again”….
Soooo catchy!

The other TV program that got my attention were those crazy game shows. I had a ball watching them! Though I didn’t understand a single word, the facial and body expressions of the participates were good enough to keep me going for hours!

My friend brought us all out to lunch at this sushi train place called Kappa Sushi located in the heart of Kyoto city. All plates are priced at a cool 100 yen.



Who says everything about Japan is expensive!!??

There are so many inexpensive cafés that serve up quick and delicious meal for no more than AU$5. All you’ve got to do is to watch out for them. Tip – They are mainly located in the cities or the CBD. Be prepared to eat fast though. These guys work on turnovers.

After lunch, we bought ourselves multi-bus passes. For 500 yen, it gives you unlimited rides for the day to major attractions, temples and train stations. Literally anywhere. A must have.

We took the bus to
Kyoto Station. I was capativated by how huge the place was!

There were these flight of steps that takes you all the way up to the 11th storey!

In about a week, we will be taking a bullet train from here to Tokyo. Can't wait!



I had to take a picture of Astro Boy.






After a long day of walking. We settled in for a quiet night at home.

Rey’s Ojisan bought us KFC, Sashimi and raw beef for dinner. We chowed away, had good conversations, and washed it all down with Sapporo, Kirin and Sake.

Mel even entertained us with his guitar and singing.

I slept like a baby that night.

No comments: