Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Heart stopping moment

Went for my weekday climb today.

I was all pumped up and ready for a challenge. I always climb well on a weekday. It must be because of all the experienced climbers around me. They could teach you so much.

My dream man was there [shameless but true, I have someone I like to drool over on the side when I'm having a rest]. We spotted him on our 2nd visit. He has all the usual drop dead combinations. Dreamy eyes, mid length hair, European looks. AND a very good body. Not those musculi ones whose hands never meet body type. Just a well toned, well defined body.

I sat quietly watching him from the corner of my eye. Shamelessly having a private gar gar moment.

Anyhow. I learnt how to "smear” tonight. It is standing with one foot in a foothold, and the other next to it on the wall. Than using the support from both feet, lodge yourself upwards.

I scraped myself on the arm while falling down. My very first climbing injury!

So proud.

No comments: