Friday, July 01, 2005

Japanese Curry


I was browsing through the Asian aisle at Coles Supermarket on my usual grocery shopping Thursday nights, and spotted Japanese Curry Paste.

I've always been a firm believer of cooking curry from scratch. Yes. I'm talking about the pain staking task of making the paste from blanding the different curry powder and spices, using herbs as flavoring and chilli for color and punch. In short. The jazz.

I blame this ridiculars obession (despite the knowledge of great packed paste I know I could get from the supermarkets these days) on my mum who views anything remotely canned or in sachets as evil and cheats in the world of culinary skills.


Anyhow. I thought it was time to throw away this urban myth and give this harmless looking paste a go.

We had seconds that night.

There is no going back baby!!!

No comments: