Saturday, July 30, 2005

My Perth Saturday - One

Today's destination. Subiaco. A suburb I have grown very fond of since my uni days... (sighs)....

I love it for several reasons. It houses all the usual attractions that make a location trendy and chic. Rich cafĂ© culture, relaxed ambience, cosy clubs and funky bars, weekend markets and fashion savvy boutiques. AND my wonderful perform magic hair stylist Angelina – Oyster Hairdressing, Shenton Park [02 9382 2488].

As much as I would like to think myself as someone who is open to changes and new challenges. I have never been comfortable with the idea of experimenting when it comes to my hair. So when I find someone good. I stick with them for life.

I wanted a "funky and provocative but not loud" look. So what I got was layerings (to give my hair some much needed volume) and a luscious (mid night blue) black with contrasting bright but subtle red strips.


I walked out of the salon 3 hours later absolutely in love with the results. ok. So it doesn't look like much in the picture, but trust me... it's hot!

Naturally. I had to show off my new hairdo to the world! So. I made a quick stop to
The Colonnade to flaunt my new flock and also cash in on some good buys. hehe..

I enjoy browsing around at the colonnade. It houses some of my favourite W.A. designers like Songs of Tang, Elise Jeans, Zanthus, lesserlantern and Coercion. I am a strong believer of supporting the local talents. =)


My buy of the day was a cool barramundi skinned bracelet. Groovy!

Later that night, I was over at Marian and Will's ( my sister and brother in law) for dinner. I had a lovely time (as always) catching up with them over rosemary chicken and the best Pecan Pie I have ever tasted. Yum!

After playing with their 2 lovely cats. I suddenly miss Salem heaps.

Hmm. I wonder if he misses me too…
oh... and I miss my hubby too.... eepp!!

No comments: