Sunday, July 31, 2005

My Perth Sunday

The family attended our usual 10.30am service at the church of subi. I was surprised to walk into an almost full congregation. The population has at least doubled in the past one year! How encouraging.

After the service. We drove to William Street for Vietnamese. I had a large bowl of beef rice noodles and shared those really healthy and yummy fresh paper spring rolls with the family. It was SO good!

Mum, Marian (my mother and sister in law) and I headed off to Subi markets after lunch. We were on the hunt for cheap funky earrings. I bought myself a pair of bright red and pale green earrings. And a delicious multi coloured (epoxy) beaded necklace.

I LOVE shopping at the markets. You are almost guaranteed to find something you'll like and at bargain prices!

After our conquests, we settled down for a nice cool cup of ice tea and had one of those deep and meaningful conversation about life. It is such a blessing to be able to do that with members of your adopted family. And coming from a single child family, it is a really nice thing to have.


That pretty much sums up my first Sunday in Perth.

Next week. Work will see me off to a gold mine located in the heart of outback Kargoolie where I'll be thrown into a boys club crew of miners and mechanical engineers. That will be interesting......

No comments: