Thursday, January 04, 2007

A nice start

Last Tuesday marked the end of my 1 & 1/2 weeks glorious awesome holiday. I am a little sad that I had returned to the grind of things but am happy for the rest. In retrospect, I don't think I have ever taken a day off to just laze around doing nothing.

When I do take leave from work, there is always an agenda. Mostly to travel somewhere and mostly out of the country in exploration of a foreign land. It is nice to stay put and have no fixed schedule to follow for a change. The many times I had planned holidays way too close to end and start of work days. The frantic running around like a headless chook for last minute errands. Clearing out the fridge minutes before dashing to the airport. Suffering from bouts of “passport abandonment” anxiety. And returning to work only to feel like I need another holiday! Arg. I am impossible sometimes.

Anyhow, thought I should sum up my in-activities past weeks.

- busy getting sick (for at least half of it.. blah)
- cleaning out the wardrobe and kitchen (toothbrush impulse moment)
- spending lots of time with the folkies
- hosting Xmas lunches
- attending Xmas lunches
- churching
- catching up on my reading
- picnics
- lazing around doing absolutely nothing!

It was great! And I haven’t mentioned the one day shopping spree I spent with my lonesome (not too worry, will find time to post all my lovely snaps soon).

So it had been a nice start to 07 thus far. And no. I am wise enough not to invent yet another ground breaking NY’s resolution that I could stress over this time round. Well, besides eating more organic produces and exercising more which I have aspired to do already.

It’s going to be all good. Can’t wait to explore what 07 has to offer!
*Glee*

No comments: